Friday, March 17, 2006

That other blogger

I'm still trying to figure out what this blog is about. The title: Quasi-Religion - hmm. Something that is like religion, but not quite. So it depends on how broad your definition of religion is.

In my favorites, under 'Religion', there is a huge variety of things. From how to knit a kippah, English Guilds, Tarot, something by Oliver Cowdery about a hollow earth?, 'The Church Utensils Explained', and so forth. If I were forced to define where I stand religiously, I would have to call myself an Esoteric Mormon. There are a lot of mainstream-mormon ideas that I disagree with, as they are at variance with earlier teachings or just plain protestantism creeping in.

I'm fond of the Greek Philosophers - especially Aristotle. They were struggling with the same questions we have now. That really tells us how far Mankind has come in the last 2500 years. They were wrong about some things, just as we are wrong about some things. Expect a lot of quoting from them in the future :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home