Saturday, May 13, 2006

The da Vinci Code

I don't really see what the big fuss is about. Dan Brown's book is entertaining, speculative, and thought provoking. I believe it is clearly possible that Jesus Christ had a wife (or wives), and several children. If he did, this in no way damages my faith, and in fact may increase it. What more fundamental, instinctual type of love is there than love of family, and shouldn't our great exemplar be allowed to exhibit this? One reason this book does not "shake up" my beliefs, is that my faith rests squarely in the Father of all, The Great Progenitor of the Human Race, and I believe that He provided a plan whereby mankind can transcend beyond the physical death, and by whatever means he went about enacting this plan, it does not, to me, matter so much as to be offended if more light should alter the relatively minor details about Christ's life, or whether or not he died and resurrected in the precise way we have been told by the traditions of our fathers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home