Monday, March 20, 2006

Every page a Blog.

I just got this crazy idea where every page on the Internet inherits much of the functionality of a blog -- well, if it wants to. The idea centers around the use of javascript to plug dynamic content into any page. I'm sure people have done this before, but I'm talking about the ability to put a few lines of HTML code that would insert a blog-like "Comments" box onto an existing static web page. Things to think about: Will this dynamic content be readable by other javascript devices such as Google Adsense. How to secure a comment box so that another page can't just hijack the code for someone who is using this system. It sounds good, if these things can be solved. My inspiration was a fellow I know who insists on using archaic tools like FrontPage to create sites. He gets quite a bit of interaction via email from visitors, but I think he would see a lot more if they could simply leave a comment directly on the site.

I'll post more if this idea reaches fruition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home