Saturday, April 08, 2006

Holy Spirits

Those familiar with Christian Theology may have some ideas about the concept of the Holy Ghost, or the Holy Spirit. Dismissing the perverse doctrine of the trinity which pervades many sects, let us evaluate the being of the Holy Ghost further. The Holy Ghost is a being of Spirit, not of flesh and bones. Furthermore, it can help guide us and even become our constant companion if we are worthy of it. At this point, I would like to make a departure from popular traditional thought. May I suggest the possibility that there is more than one being serving as Holy Ghost. That there are literally Holy Ghosts, or Holy Spirits, rather than a single being. This would seem to solve the question of how it can be the constant companion of more than one person. I have strong experiential evidence to suggest that this is true. The Holy Ghost might be like your "Guardian Angel" to use a familiar phrase. It could be the Spirit of someone who has already passed on, or who is not yet born.

I would encourage anyone reading this to at least try this idea on for a fit. I think it may be a doctrine that is partially expressed in the Catholic notion of "patron saints." This Guardian Angel, or Holy Ghost, is a conduit between The Father and his children. It is the still small voice that whispers in your ear.

In addition, I believe it to be possible to identify your Holy Ghost, by personal revelation, even by name. I challenge you, my dear reader, to attempt to determine whether this concept is true and to identify your Holy Ghost by name, if possible. This should be done through prayer and study. Reading the words of those passed on before may allow you insight or a reading between the lines where you will find out this answer. There is a chance your search will end in a question mark, because perhaps your Holy Ghost has not yet been born, and/or perhaps there is no body of text written where you can read the words of this being.

The being you locate will by necessity be a faithful Saint of God. You will know when you find it. When you do, if you feel inclined to share, please do so, but if you know the name, I would ask that you only share that via email with me, instead of posting it in the comments, so that you do not sway other readers one way or the other. However, do post the steps or experiences in general as comments if you feel inclined.

I know who my Holy Ghost is, and it fills my soul with warmth and makes me feel as though I could cry tears of joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home